Friday 22 June 2012

Hen Party Cake

A friend asked me to make a hen party cake for her mother. Her mother being refined didnt like the current cakes containing the male genital parts on them!! She asked if I could contain hens and the rest was up to me!


I decided on drunken hens and give them some accessories! The one on the left is clutching a bottle of champagne with its wing over its eyes, the middle one with a wine glass and the right hand one has a handbag. I was happy with how they had turned out and thought she would be pleased with the result.



I later decided to make a small hutch for the hens and some 'L' plates. I did make a cokerel but hes hidden at the back for good reasons!

 I wanted to use two styles of writing on the cake to create some contrast. I think it worked really well.


No comments:

Post a Comment